“My Father Had 40 Wives” – MKO Abiola’s Son, Abdul Mumuni Reveals

Connect, chat and make friends in the forum discussing entertainment, politics, tech etc

ActivityForumsPolitics and GovernanceCurrent Affairs, Politics & Religion“My Father Had 40 Wives” – MKO Abiola’s Son, Abdul Mumuni Reveals

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic
    User AvatarMrBukunmi
    Thumbs Up
    Up
    Down
    Thumbs Down
    ::

Abdul Mumuni MKO Abiola, The son of the late Nigerian politician and businessman Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, popularly known as M.K.O Abiola has revealed how large his family is.

Speaking with the host of ‘The Mic On’ podcast, media personality Seun Okinbaloye, Abdul revealed that his late father had 40 wives and 103 children, however, the number of children reduced to 55 after DNA tests were conducted.

You know, the Abiola family, we’re not that much because people are thinking that we are a lot. We are only 55”, Abdul said.

Well, there were 40 wives according to the will but I think there were 40 something though. Some wives were not there at the end. Most of the wives had one or two children for my dad. So, when my father was alive, he was paying for 103 children to go to school”, he continued.

Abdul Abiola also stated that 55 children was “quite a manageable number if we are in a country of more than 220 million people”. 

MKO Abiola(24 August 1937 – 7 July 1998) ran for the presidential seat in Nigeria in 1993, however, the result that produced him as the winner was annulled by the then military president, Ibrahim Babangida because of alleged practices of unfairness and corruption in the election process.

Abiola was one of the few politicians to garner support from people from all the geopolitical zones and religious divisions in Nigeria at the time. 

In 1994, Moshood Abiola proclaimed himself the legitimate leader of Nigeria.

General Sani Abacha, the then military president, ordered him to be imprisoned after he declared himself president, accusing him of treason and sending 200 police cars to apprehend him. He later spent four years in prison.

MKO Abiola passed away unexpectedly on the day he was supposed to be released, not long after General Abacha’s passing.

The post “My Father Had 40 Wives” – MKO Abiola’s Son, Abdul Mumuni Reveals appeared first on OloriSuperGal.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by User AvatarMrBukunmi.
    • This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by User AvatarMrBukunmi.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.